A USB Memory stick (Should be large enough to support cellular phone files) or perhaps an exterior HD
A PS3 running any cfw (what this means is the work on Rogero 4.21, 4.30, 4.30 V2.05, 4.40 v1.02 and Rogero 4.40 V1.03)
Here’s how you can downgrade to 3.55 from the CFW:
Download the Rogero downgrader PUP here. (Mirror here)(And the other here)(And something more here)
Listed here are the steps to downgrade to three.55 from the CFW
Remove any dvds within your PS3 when carrying out the update.
1. Download the “3.55 Rogero Downgrader RSOD.PUP”, and relabel the file to “PS3UPDAT.PUP”
2. Inside your USB memory stick or exterior HD, produce a new folder and title it “PS3¨
3. Within the “PS3¨ folder, produce a new folder and this time around title it “UPDATE”
4. Copy the three.55 Rogero Downgrader RSOD.PUP (that is now named “PS3UPDAT.PUP”) within the “UPDATE” folder
5. Place the USB or exterior HD onto your PS3 as well as on the XMB, visit “System Update” and choose “Update Via Storage Media”
6. Follow any onscreen instructions that will show up.
7. When the update is completed, you’ll certainly be on Rogero CFW3.55, it wills till show that old CFW around the system configurations, this really is normal.
8. You can now either remain on 3.55 or update to some greater cfw version.
Important!: Before setting up any greater OFW or CFW, you have to Toggle QA first. The main reason your PS3 still shows that old CFW version happens because the syscon version will have that old cfw version. Hence we have to Toggle QA first if you improve your PS3 without toggling QA will leads to problems for example bricking (and also you don’t want that).
Here’s how Toggle QA: Ps3 downgrade
1. Download the QA Toggle pkg here.
2. Copy the file towards the cause of your USB or exterior HD
3. Place your USB/Exterior HD for your PS3
4. In your PS3, visit “Install package Files” and install the QA Toggle PKG
5. Once installed, run the “Rebug Toggle QA” in your PS3, (The screen goes Black and you’ll hear two or three Beeps so when finished it’ll return to the PS3′s XMB, and when error pops up, just continue doing this step.)
6. Visit “Network Settings” (don’t open it up) then all simultaneously, press the next key combo : L1 L2 L3 (press left stick) R1 R2 dpad_lower (its difficult you might like to have an extra hands with this)
7. When the QA Flag ended properly, you will notice Edy Viewer, Debug Configurations, and Install Package Files. (otherwise, repeat step number 5, 6 and seven)
8. You can now update to the CFW you would like.
To really make it short:
1. Install the downgrader PUP
2. Toggle QA
3. Install install any CFW you would like.
Credits to Rogero and also the Forums at Tortuga Cove